SPS is one of the FINEST groups of people ever! Courteous, professional – just all around terrific. Any condominium community: CALL SPS FIRST!!!
- When paint fails, exposed wood is easily degraded by water damage and ultraviolet rays.
- The interval between painting cycles is greatly affected by weather. For a well-built wooden property in New England — where external paint takes a real beating from ultraviolet rays, freezing and thawing cycles and moisture — that interval is typically between six and eight years.
- A number of factors reduce paint longevity. Paint applied to low-quality shingles or clapboards will not last as long as paint applied to high-quality wooden siding. And paint on improperly installed and flashed siding and trim has been known to fail within just two or three years.
- Signs you may be wasting money on ineffective maintenance painting:
- New coats of paint start to peel within five years.
- The interval between painting cycles keeps getting shorter
- You are replacing more failed siding and trim before every paint job